• Get spooked at our Haunted House Oct 20-21, 27-28, and 31st!
The student news site of Lake Pend Oreille High School

LPOHS Online

LPOHS Online

LPOHS Online

Randy Wilhelm

Randy Wilhelm, CTE, Art

Randy Interview

“What do you get when you  add white to blue? Light-Blue. What do you get when you add white to green? Light-Green. Now what do you get when you add white to red?  Not Light-Red, but Pink!”

-Randels

When Randy isn’t raging about what the colors are called he also teaches, creates  art and gets ignored by his dog, Smudge.

Randy has had ties with Sandpoint his whole life.  He was born here, and even went to school here when it was an elementary school.  

His favorite past time when he is supposed to be teaching is tormenting students and playing the guitar.  He has played the guitar for about 346 years since he was in 6th grade.  When you walk into Randy’s room you’ll see many guitars hung up, 6 exactly.  Many have been donated and Randy also wrote a grant for them.  

Before finding his passion of pestering teenagers, he was an art director for a publishing company.  Randy has been interested in art for a very long time and after graduating from art school he came across the publishing company.

Something many people don’t know is that Randy is actually a  zombie.  He died in 1990 in a car wreck, but was revived.  He was going through an intersection at a yellow light and was broadsided by a lady who ran a red light.  However Randy was accused of running a red light because onlookers saw a red light.

Despite having a devoted dog, Randy’s favorite animal is a goat, quoting that they are “so cool”.  Randy loves gardening and it’s very relaxing and gives him time to soul-search.  Despite having to garden most of his life he still hasn’t found it.

His favorite season is summer because he likes to swim, and has an addiction to mocha frappes and probably gets a Christmas card from Starbucks every year.

Overall Randy is a great teacher and is a person I look forward to seeing everyday.

All content by Randy Wilhelm
Load More Stories