Christmas Cups

Artist Leata Judd

86 year old Leata Judd has been a familiar face around Lake Pend Oreille High School over the past three-plus years. She has volunteered hundreds of hours with her daily trips helping out in Randy’s art classes. With her accepting nature, she is easily the youngest person in the room on any given day, maybe not in age but definitely in spirit. Her joy of creating art is evident in her face and she is a wonderful example to the students of a life-long learner.

Regionally renowned as a pottery artist, she is best known for the whimsical faces and expressions crafted into her art pieces. The students are frequently in awe of the pottery pieces she creates. She often demonstrates her generous spirit when she gives her art to students.

This year was no exception. During the month of October she hand-crafted over a hundred mugs, each with their own uniques facial expressions–some playful, some mischievous, others quirky or eccentric. Each cup was crafted with love toward our students and delivered as Christmas gifts from her. 

So scroll through these photos and find the cup that speaks to you; let Randy know what number of cup you want and it will be reserved for you for Christmas. Remember, these are one-of-a-kind works of art and should be cherished.